Tirumala TTD Ratha Saptami Ardha Brahmotsavam 2019 Schedule
Ratha Saptami in Tirumala
Ratha Saptami is also called Surya Jayanti. It is symbolically represented in the form of the Sun God Surya Deva turning his Ratha (Chariot) drawn by seven horses (representing seven colours) towards the northern hemisphere, in a north-easterly direction. It also marks the birth of Surya and hence celebrated as Surya Jayanti (the Sun-god’s birthday). Due to this, the changes his course from Dakshinaayana to Uttraayana.
In Tirumala, Ratha Saptami is considered a most auspicious festival and will be celebrated in a very grand manner. There are lakhs of devotees who attend this event. There is also another reason for people attending Ratha Saptami in Tirumala. Ratha Saptami each year is also called “Ardha Brahmotsavam” or “Mini Brahmotsavam”.
On this day, Lord Malayappa Swamy along with his consorts in taken as a procession on Seven different vahanas from Morning to Evening. Devotees has an amazing opportunity of viewing all the Seven Vahanas in one single day.
Ratha Saptami in Tirumala 2019 Date
In 2019, Ratha Saptami falls on 12 February 2019, Tuesday which is a Magha Sukhla Saptami. On this day, Lord Sri Venkateswara will be adorned with Seven Vahanas.
Ratha Saptami in Tirumala 2019 Vahanam Schedule
Pilgrims are allowed to sit in the galleries from midnight to early in the Morning itself. The Vahanams Seva starts from Early in the morning and lasts till late at night. The Schedule of all the Vvahanams on Ratha Saptami day in Tirumala is as follows
Surya Prabha Vahanam: 5.30 AM
Chinna Sesha Vahanam: 9 AM
Garuda Vahanam: 11 AM
Hanuman Vahanam: 1 PM
Chakrasananam: 2 PM
Kalpavriksha Vahanam: 4 PM
Sarvabhoopala Vahanam: 6 PM
Chandra Prabha Vahanam: 8 PM
Ratha Saptami Darshan Online Bookings in Tirumala
- On Ratha Saptami all Special Darshan will be cancelled
- All Online Booking will be cancelled on this day
- Only Sarva Darshan will be available on this day
- All Arjitha Sevas will be cancelled on Ratha Saptami Day
- Pilgrims should be prepared for a heavy crowd and can view all vahanams from the Galleries in Tiru Mada Streets.
- TTD takes all the precautions to supply proper food, security & water supply to Galleries. But it is suggested to Pilgrims make their own arrangements properly.